Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ultimate Sledding!

So Spencer has been busy this last little while, not on something that is truly important but on his sledding hill. It is on the side of the house that the deer got stuck in so I guess it is good that he took down the fence that it got stuck in. We have a pretty good slope to the back of our house so Spencer decided it would make a great sledding hill. He took out the fence and there was a large maple tree in the middle of the sledding hill, that would not do so he cut it down. He has hay bails on the edges of the sledding hill so there should not be any accidents!?! He is so weird! The other night we had his family up to sled and he was out there icing it down so you could get more speed. Now many of you have seen our house and it is in need of many updates but rather than doing that he wanted to make a sledding hill for himself, he says it is for George but George does not need it iced down. Here are a few pictures of the hill.

You can see the hay bails in this picture!

So after they were done sledding they came in to warm up. George has a full body snow suit as seen above. Now I know many of you have seen A Christmas Story. Remember the scene when his little brother gets pushed down and can not get up. That is George in the picture above. He is laying on the ground screaming "I can't do dis!" All we could do is laugh and grab the camera. He would try to stand up but his boots were wet and they kept slipping out from under him.
Spencers old Stake does a live nativity in SLC. We went to it and got this great picture with one of the guards to Bethlehem. They had all sorts of animals the best is the camel, whenever you ask George what the camel says he makes a burping sound, that is really what they sound like too. He loved it.
Scarlet was in the best mood the other morning and I got some good pictures of her and I thought she gets a little shafted on the picts so here are a few!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

I really enjoyed this post! Every part of it. I am glad that your husband does weird and kind of nerdy things like my husband. I was totally laughing when I saw that picture of George and Miss Scarlett is DARLING!!!

Niki said...

I think we need to come and visit the sledding hill! Scott would love all the work that Spencer has put into it. Your kids are darling, I can't believe what a beautiful little girl you have!

Aaron & Amy Norton said...

is it just me, or is his buzz light year figurine also doing the same pose in george's picture? no THAT'S the best part...loved it!

Kysha said...

You have a very talented and adventerous husband! The picture of George getting "fed up" with being bundled is priceless. Scarlet, as usual, is a beauty.

Mindy said...

Super cute pictures of Scarlett! It was so great to see you guys the other day. If I had know you had such an awesome sledding hill, I would have insisted that we met at your house. Looks like fun! And I would like to attest that George's sound for Camels is not only accurate but also adorable.

Katt said...

What a hill!!! That looks awesome!

Scarlet is an absolute doll, as is George!!!

Jessica Reeves said...

I love the sledding hill! That looks so fun! I can't believe how cute Scarlet is!! You have such a cute family!