Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bit-O-Surgery

George is on some medications. His main anti-rejection medication has a side effect that makes his gums expand and they have grown so much they nearly cover his teeth. His back teeth were almost covered, the periodontist said that he was not even touching teeth, he was tissue on tissue. So as you can imagine it was very hard for him to eat and effected some of his speech. We had a gingivectomy(Spelling!?!) done on Thursday and it is still so weird to see him with teeth. Here is a before and after picture!! He seriously is the cutest, I know I am a little bias!!


So here is the before!!


And the after, I could just kiss him!
He is a champ on Friday, the day after surgery, he wanted a sandwich! I would still be crying about how much I hurt.

15 comments:

Niki said...

He looks so grown up!! Oh my gosh, he is so cute! Oh, and Scott wanted me to tell you he had a gingivectomy once too! (sorry, he is a nerd)

Anonymous said...

He looks so adorable! I bet that feels so much better for him! Long time no see...hopefully I'll see you soon! I can't wait to laugh all night at the Wasatch Back!!!!!

Randi Wright said...

I want to kiss that little mug! Tell him to chomp some apples for me! I love you!

Kate said...

Ash,

Wow!! He is so dang cute...I know you just want to eat him!! Hope to see you soon..

Hilary said...

He is definately a Reese!! Look at that beautiful smile!

Molly said...

Glad everything went well. He looks so darling and that before picture is so cute of both your kids.

Kysha said...

He looks great with teeth! He's a darling boy!

Jami said...

Wow...he looks great! But how cute is that picture of Scarlett kissing his cheek???
Love ya!
Jami

Lynley said...

Oh yes, he IS seriously the cutest!

Uriona Family said...

He looks fantastic!! Not that he doesn't always but wow...that makes him look so much older.

Brianne said...

What a freakin' cute little dude!

Mindy said...

I love that smile. He looks great and what a trooper! He is so tough!!!

About Me said...

Hooray for George! He looks great Ashlie. We really need to get Lil's and Georgie together sometime soon! She loves George!

Katt said...

Awe, he's a heart melter.

Kiersten DeVore said...

Ashlie,
Your little kiddos are darling. It's fun to see what you guys are up to. Did you know that Kathryn's moving back to the UT, great huh? We need to have a get together this winter while everyone's there.

web.mac.com/kierstendevore