Friday, June 27, 2008

Team Swoobs!!

This last weekend I got the chance to run in the Wasatch Back Relay Race. It was quite the experience. I was runner number 1 so I started the race in Logan, my second leg was running down Trappers Loop and my last one was running from Rockport into Oakley. My total distance was 19.5 miles and I ran all the freaking miles, I don't think there is a way to describe the accomplishment. I have never had that feeling it is not like having kids or graduating. It is a different feeling altogether, I think everyone should do something like this in their life. I am all into running now and I love it. I also love all the girls I ran with what a ball we had. I wish I had more pictures but these are not even mine I was too tired to even try to get my camera out, how lazy am I?? But I hope you all take on my challenge to do something like this before you die.

This is us getting ready to head up to Logan. Don't we all look refreshed and rested!!!This is my grandma and grandpa, they live in Logan and came to see us start out the race!!


This is after the race, we are all ready to go home. We got no sleep and ran all night long.

9 comments:

Molly said...

Congrats...that is awesome! I have been checking your blog daily just waiting for this post. Sounds so fun! and 19 miles...wow Ash, I am impressed! You are ready for a marathon!! I heard you got dyhydrated...Hope you are doing better! Love, Molls

Anonymous said...

Did you really get dehydrated???When?!?!?!...you know Gatorade is the best way to get refreshed and it's really low on calories...ha ha ha...but bummer, it must have been after the race! Anywho...your a rockstar!!!!! Thanks for the all night party, the laughs, rolling up the window REALLY fast, almost driving us off a cliff, finding the honey buckets, oh ya and thanks for letting me borrow your trail mix, I promise I'll repay you, I know how you can get with that trail mix! Really though that was so fun and I'm so glad we got to do it together!!! Love you!

About Me said...

Ash! Wow, way to go! I don't know if I could ever do that! Maybe next year? When do you start training?

Jami said...

Wow...something I don't think I could ever do! Congrats on the big accomplishment!

Ashlie said...

I did not get dehydrated!?!

Kysha said...

You were seriously awesome! So impressed with your stamina, girl! You are lucky I was in your van, however, or you may have all fallen off a cliff had it not been for me. So many good memories: deer girl, Paul Mitchell boys, you yelling "chap stick!" from the top of Trappers loops--I will never forget it.

Hilary said...

You guys are amazing!!! I am so proud of all of you. I want to be on team swoobs, just give me a year to get my body into some kind of running shape! You guys are great!

Katt said...

Oh my heck!! Way to go Ashley!!

Janine Padilla said...

Wow, that is so awesome!!! You are amazing. That sounds really interesting. I haven't heard of a relay race like that. I have a few friends down here who run half marathons and like to do triathalons... but that sounds really cool. Way to go!!!