George went in for his CT on Tuesday and we now have the results. Drum Roll please... he is going to have a thoracotomy. Which is where they go in the side and spread his ribs, very painful, he has had 2 already. They will go in and tack his aorta to his sternum they call it an aortopexy. They told us that this will not totally fix the problem and that he will have to have this done again, FUN!!!!! So we are looking around for a second opinion, if anyone has any tips please let us know. Oh and by the way he has pneumonia again!?! You better believe that this is big P number 6!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Bummer!!!! Kaidence just got out of the ER Sunday with #3 pneumonia (caused by aspiration of her milk). Couldn't help but think of you and George. Good luck with the second opinion. Do they seem to think that it will make a 'big enough' difference to make it worth doing it over and over again? Seems so crazy.
Ashlie,
I am so sorry, we had heard that George was sick again. We have been praying for George. I hope that you can find another option. It's just not fair that such a cute little 5 year old has to go through so much.
SOOOO sorry, I wish I had good advice but i don't.
Ashlie, i think of you guys all the time. Poor little George, how awful for him to have to endure. I admire your strength and faith. I know that a solution will be found to help George feel better.
Oh Ash, I am sorry to hear that! I hope he is feeling better with the Pneumonia.
Come out to Stanford for a 2nd opinion...you can stay with us and get some sun too!
Post a Comment