Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 2 of Recovery

George has been such a trooper. He came out of surgery yesterday around 1pm with a central line in his neck, an arterial line in his left wrist, an line in his right foot, and big chest tube in his left side coming out out the large incision they made to go in and do the procedure. Needless to say he has a hard time getting comfortable last night to get a good night sleep.

This morning he looks great. The anesthesia has worn off and his happy personality is back. He keeps asking when is it time to go home.

The plan is to remove the central line and the arterial line some time today. Once those lines are out then we can be moved to the 3rd floor (move out of the intensive care). If things move according to plan we should be able to take him home in a few days.

This morning he wanted to play his Leepster but he can't use his left hand because of the arterial line so he wanted me to play it for him and he would just watch. We talked him in to just watching Star Wars again.

thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

7 comments:

Marianne said...

I've been thinking about your little guy a lot over the past few days. Hopefully things continue to go well, and he gets to go home soon!

Jill said...

Thanks for your posts.... Even though I am far down south, my thoughts and prayers are with you guys. A friend who subs for me sometimes just had a grandbaby born with the same condition as George, she felt so blessed to read about you guys and George through your blog (I hope it was ok that I gave her your blog address). I am so happy that this surgery went well. Love and Miss you!

Aim said...

I'm so glad to hear that things seem to be looking good. We will keep praying fora good and fast recovery!

Diane said...

Glad to hear that things went well!! WE've been thinking about all of you...hope you get to go home soon! I'll keep checkin' in with ya. Love you!

Uriona Family said...

I am glad you are updating, and that so far things are looking as good as can be expected. I am so sorry little Georgie and family. It is no fair you guys have to go through all this.

Jami said...

So glad that things went well and that I got to see his cute face yesterday. Here's to a quick recovery (and less time at PCMC!). I love you all but prefer to see you outside my workplace!

Lindsey and Tommy said...

Ash...so glad to hear all went well! We are praying for you and George!! He seems like he is handling it well! Do you need dinners or anything?? Let me know!!