Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Decending Aortopexy via Thorocotomy

So tomorrow is the big day, we just got back from the hospital and we are clear for surgery. As of right now he is the first case but may be pushed to second(they are waiting for a baby who will be on the heart lung machine so if the baby comes the baby will be first). Once they take him into surgery it will be about 3-4 hours, then they will do a bronchioscope to clean out his lung and make sure that his bronchial tube opened up. He will then be admitted to the PICU and there we will be, hopefully for only one night but I don't ever hold them to it. They said it will be a 5-7 day stay so we are going to stay with Spencer's parents so we are closer to the hospital. I registered George on the hospital registry so if anyone needs me or would like an update just call the main number and ask for his room.

7 comments:

Niki said...

Good Luck Ash!!! I love you, if you need anything at all, I am around! When you get back to your house I will bring over some goodies:)

Diane said...

Good luck!!! We will be thinking about that cute boy! Hope all goes well...give us updates. Love ya!

Whitney said...

We'll be thinking of you guys!!! Let me know if I can help at all.

Jessica Reeves said...

Good luck! We'll be thinking of you guys!

Molly said...

Good Luck Ash! We will be thinking of you and sweet George.

Aim said...

We will be praying for you guys! I hope everything goes well. Let us know if there is anything we can do!

Nikki Whitehead said...

George has been in our prayers since Grandma told us he was having the surgery. We hope that all goes well and we are also praying for strength for you and Spencer, I am not sure how you guys do it! You are amazing! Good luck :)
Nikki, Wes, Rylan, Kyler and Delaney