Sunday, September 23, 2007

Scarlet Reese Has Arrived

I never thought it would get here but here I am already home with her. She decided to come on Sept. 21 around 3 PM disturbing my afternoon nap. I then called Spencer and told him to meet me at the hospital. My mom and Randi picked me up and we met up with Spencer and his mom at the hospital around 4:30ish. I was officially admitted around 6 and they started me on Penicillin because I tested positive for Strep. I got my epidural around 9ish I think, but I was in such quick labor that it could not keep up with me. Power to those who have natural labor, I was an 8 and about to die because I could feel the contractions. That is something I do not want to feel ever again. She arrived at 10:48 PM with one, oh yes one push along with a few smaller quick pushes. She weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. and has a ton of dark hair!! We are all thrilled she is here and hope you all enjoy the pictures. Can you say Chub-a-Lub!!


Georgie and his little Sister, Scarlet!




17 comments:

Katt said...

congrats! she is so cute!! look at that head of hair!

Mindy said...

Congratulations! She is so cute, you are so lucky you only had to push once!!!! I had to push for an hour and 15 minutes with Aubrey, yes she was over a pound bigger than Scarlet, but so what. You are the LUCKIEST girl I know. She is adorable and I LOVE all that dark hair. I hope George enjoys her and that you are able to keep up with the two of them! Congratulations again

Sita said...

Congratulations! She is darling and I am glad that everything went well for you! I didn't get my epidural until I was a 7 w/ Mia so I know what that is like! That last pic of her and George is precious!

Niki said...

Congrats Ash and Spencer! She is so beautiful! We can't wait to see her in person! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of her hair!

Molly said...

Oh Ashlie and Spencer, what a darling little girl! I can't believe how dark her hair is! We are so excited to see her...Congratulations!! We love you all, Love, The Pearces

Jami said...

Ash and Spencer,
Scarlet is adorable!! Man, you guys have cute babies. Thanks for sharing the pics and the blog with me! Congratulations...can't wait to see her! I'm sorry I didn't get to chat with you much at Cody's wedding (duty called). I will have to make it to your house to see her! Give Georgie a hug for me.
Love ya,
Jami

Kysha said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on everything--having such a beautiful girl, only pushing once, and already being home! You guys are wonderful parents, now to two beautiful kids! Yea!! Thanks for sharing such sweet pictures! Can't wait to see her in person!

About Me said...

Congratulations and thanks for making me completely jealous Ashlie! She is a doll, you are lucky she is already here! YEA! I am so glad I stopped by on Thursday to see you! Good timing on my part.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH...she is so beautiful! She makes me SOOO excited for our little girl to get here! I can't believe you only pushed once...actually yes I can considering you were already at a 5!! We are so excited for you...I can't wait to meet her in person!

Brianne said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !
She is absolutely beautiful! I am glad the whole non active labor thing didn't go on much longer.

And, I just can't quite get over all of that hair, lucky girl!

Courtney Luff said...

How wonderful!!! You have a beautiful little girl. I am so glad that all went well. Cliff and I always talk about your family, especially how George is. It seems everytime we think of Children's hospital and our experience we automatically think of you guys.

Thanks for inviting us to your blog. You can check out ours if you would like...please keep us updated on everything...it looks like George is doing great!

Lindsey and Tommy said...

Spence & Ash- We are thrilled for you guys. Scarlet is beautiful! I am happy for you that you had such an easy labor!! Not too bad at all. We want to see her soon... so I will call ya this week!! Congrats again!!

Staci... said...

Hi Ashlie! I found your page through a friends and wanted to say hi. Congrats! She is so cute! You have a darling family! Love Staci

Me said...

Ashlie, this is Lindsey your old next door neighbor on Emerson!!! We have a few ties because my sister married your in-laws good family friend's son, Mike Taylor. Wow, that was long. Anyway- I found your blog from a friend of a friends and I just thought I would say your little girl is so so so darling, and her name is to die for. Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful...she has hair...I am so jealous! Enjoy your baby girl they get big fast!

Hydes said...

Congrats Ashlie, Spencer and George! Oh my heck what a beautiful baby, I can't get over her darling dark hair. I hope everything is going wonderful for your sweet family. My mom and I would love to come and see you soon!
Melissa Hyde

Tori said...

Good Job Ash- She is so cute and you look great. I love her name. Wishing you all the best!