My baby is 3 and I don't believe it. It was kinda an emotional day looking back and thinking about all his other birthdays.
His actual birthday was the greatest, my first baby and he was so perfect. The day turned out better than we thought it would be, he was doing well enough to come by my room so I could hold him.
His first birthday not the greatest but the day I got confirmation that he was going to make it through the RSV and get a heart transplant so that we would take him home!
He had a killer cake that year!!
His second, just a small party with cousins, you all know me and germies.
(Randi I can not find these pictures will you send them to me again!?!)
His third a great shindig with family and friends. Thanks to all who came it was a lot of fun and sorry we were packed in like sardines!! Spencer and I decided to get him a bike for his birthday. It is going to take some practice but I think he will get it eventually!
All the kids ready to party hearty. We had a killer game of pin the tail on the donkey.
That was followed up by a pinata. George wanted a horse one but I think he was kinda disturbed that we were hitting it. So Grandpa helped!
Hank and George checking out the loot!!
We had such a fun time at his party and we plan on celebrating many more in the future.
Here are some of the things I love about George...(feel free to add any I have missed)
how much he loves his dad...
the funny things he says...
his red hair...
he loves fish sticks...
that he calls his sister his brother...
how his bum giggles when he runs...
that he loves Buzz and Woody...
he is going to nursery now...
that he takes his meds like a big boy...
they way he talks...
that he really just wants to sit in a seatbelt not his seat...
how sweet he is...
that he will eventually say thank you...
that his toe nails are like his dad's...
how stubborn he is...
that he loves gymnastics...
how he can know words to songs after the first time...
that he loves chicken nuggets...
that his big toes are abnormaly long(thanks Randi)...
he cries when Scarlet cries...
how he spits on ants...
that I find him doing crazy things to Scarlet...
how much he loves his grandparents...
that he copies what Spencer does...
how I wake up to "mom I want cereal and a show"...
how he poses like the incredibles...
how he holds his milk and says "mmm I love syrup"...
that he loves to take dinners around...
that he used to be lactose intolorant...
how he tells me he wants a doggie...
how much he loves his blankie...
how he salutes airplanes flying by...
that he is an ear wax farmer...
he loves to dance...
that he would be lightning McQueen if he could...
I love that his right leg is shorter than the left...
how he says RRRRR Matey...
that he has asthma...
that he loves music or ugic...
that he has a thick layer of fur on his person...
and that he is mine forever!!!


13 comments:
Let me add a few...
Furry eyebrows
being tickled
"Nana...sit in car!"
"ummmmm....."
loves being read to
Loves Bumpsy's motorcycle
His strong but tender heart
How he loves Hanky
How he loves his mom!
Hi Tarlett!!!
Hey Ashlie! This is Stacy (Brown) Hansen. How are you?! Lindsay Belnap-Horne is in my ward, and I saw your link from her blog. I usually hear an update on you from my mom when she gets her hair done, but it is great to see pictures! Your kids are darling! You can look at my blog if you want it is web.mac.com/stayce5.
Take care,
Stacy
Holy cow!! 3 years old, really?? Where does time go? Georgie, I miss seeing your smiling face. You are the most precious gift this family has, thanks to someone's selfless gift of life. Happy birthday!!
Love you,
Jami
I have Georgie chills all over my body! Ash, you and Spencer are amazing parents and I hope that I can be like you when I grow up. Happy Birthday George! Three is a great age, sometimes I wish I was three again!!
He is so dang cute!!! Happy Birthday George, here's to hundreds of more birthdays!
He is so sweet and so cute! Happy Birthday George! He's a great kid-with great parents.
What a sweet post ash! george is so funny...sorry we missed the party...sounds like it was a blast. Lets go to lunch soon...we always crave those bountiful hot spots! I still need to bring georgie his present...Ike reminds me daily!
can I just say, that first picture of George is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Cute post! Your a great mom!
Ashlie, that is the sweetest post! George is a special little boy! I love how he and Lily get a long so well!
Sorry we missed the birthday party. Last Saturday turned out to be a crazy one and I am sad we missed out on all the fun!
That was a darling post...you are a good mom!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Georges husky, yet totally soft little voice...especially when he says OKAY to whatever it was he wanted to do like it was your idea in the first place!
Great party Ash.
Ashlie. I loved that. It gave me goosebumps after I finished reading it!! What a cute little boy and family!!
Ashlie won't tell anyone this...so I will! If you go to the American Heart Association home page you will see a wonderful story on George! He celebrated his "heart birthday" on the 12th of March. The AMA has spotlighted him on their web page, and we are delighted! It is a wonderful and uplifting story that we have all heard many times. (and lived through!) But being the proud grandma that I am, I can't hear it enough. As we celebrate the miracle of life that George has experienced...our hearts and thoughts are also aware of the precious gift that was given to us by another family whose lives were touched in a much different way during this time. We pray for and think of this dear family often. So if you get a chance, go to the AMA website and see our sweet boy, and also think of the courageous family that made this possible!
Post a Comment