Thursday, November 13, 2008

Shark Bites


When George gets a little older and his friends ask him what all his scars are from I think he should tell them they are shark bites. He has too many for it to be a boring story like heart surgery!?! But I thought I would post the picts of his new war wounds. The one coming out of his chest is his broviac where the nurses can draw blood and don't have to poke him, we like that. That is also where I give him his IV antibiotic. The scar on his side is where they went in and spread his ribs to clean out the junk in the lining of his lungs. The one under that incision is his chest tube hole. He has a matching scar on the right side from when he was 6 months old, I know it was just George's OCD that made him get this Pneumonia so he could even out his scars.




Scarlet needs some blog time too. I have never understood the pictures of kids falling asleep in their highchair but now I do. I went into the other room and George yells at me "She's asleep" I came in to see this. Luckily she did not have any food in her mouth when she dozed off.

4 comments:

About Me said...

Ashlie, oh my goodness! George really will have some great stories to tell all his friends about his scars! And that picture of Scarloo is hilarious! I can't believe she can "comfortably" sleep like that! So funny!

Bethany Christensen said...

I like the shark bits story. That is what Lars tells people about his scares and it gets the best reaction every time. I am glad that you guys are home and hanging in there.

The Stones said...

Poor little George, what a trooper! Hey, that sleeping picture made top 3, go vote for yourself! :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously George never ceases to amaze me! What an amazing little guy he is! I totally think he should tell people they are shark bites....and seriously could Scarlet be any cuter?!?! I love that picture!