This last weekend we had a bummer week so we decided to do something fun, so we went camping. We have never been so it was interesting, especially since I am 7 months pregnant. We went up Farmington Canyon to the Bountiful Peak Campground. We got a great spot where no one could camp near us and there was a table and fire pit. We got started setting up the tent and then made some yummy tin foil dinners. It was a lot of fun I think the kids got a kick out of cooking over the fire. But all they could think about was the marshmallows that were in the food crate!?! So we finally got the mallows out and they had so much fun roasting them and starting them on fire but not eating them. I enjoyed eating them for them so it worked out good, I like the fire ones!! They could not wait to get in the tent and play but we told them they could not get out till morning and they had to get in their Jammie's. They had no problem with this. So we started to get ready for bed and they were in their Jammie's and playing on their beds. They started chanting pat pat pat pat pat, and patting their legs. After this they took off like Rocket on Little Einsteins, their favorite show. They seriously were hilarious that weekend. It took a while to fall asleep but when we did it was fantastic, I have never slept that good, it was freezing out and it was perfect for a pregnant lady. The next morning we woke up and ate breakfast and went home. The kids had a great time that morning watching the "bunnies" they were some type of vermin. They loved it and I think we might do this again!!
The kids playing in the tent after we got it all figured out, very nice tent I am getting one this big when we invest in one.
For some reason this was very exciting, George and Scarlet visited this about 5 times each in the first 20 minutes!
Waiting for Spencer to get the fire started.
The kiddies roasting their mallows.
Watching for the "bunnies" while we got everything packed up.
Throwing some graham crackers at them.
They went exploring to find some too!
After we got home we took naps and got ready for the day and went up Big Cottonwood Canyon to Silver Lake for a Canoe ride. The kids loved paddling but I don't think the fishermen liked us very much. We were out on the lake for a while and then it started to rain so that ended the canoe fun. We had such a great weekend!!
She liked siting in the front with me!!
On our way out we saw this Moose, George wanted to feed it a Muffin(If you give a Moose a Muffin book).
The Moose is the black dot to the left of Scarloo.


5 comments:
Can you adopt me into your family? You are always off on some new adventure. Looks like you had fun! I love the pic of Georgie and Spencer in the canoe! So cute!
Camping is not near as bad as it sounds hu! It is actually fun. Next time call us and we will tag along.
Impressed with your ambition. What a cute family you have!
I see the moose...
I see the canoe...
I see the water...
What I don't see...
Are life jackets on my kids!!!
Who knows why Skyler is signed into my account???
Post a Comment