The other day me and the kiddies were playing happily in the basement. George comes running up to me telling me that Scarlet had spilled something. Thinking she was in the laundry room I went running. She was in the playroom minding her own business. I asked George where she had spilled and I stepped in it!?! So I went to check if she had and accident, but she was dry. As I looked around the playroom at the carpet I start to notice that there were some parts of it that the carpet was darker. As I walked around the room my feet start squishing in the water, our basement had flooded but where was the water coming from. Our house is on a hill and we don't have any window wells and it has not rained for a while. So I start to check the walls to see if the bathroom above was leaking but all the walls looked fine it was just the floor. So I go and check out the kids room and there is just as much water on their floor it is just different carpet so you can't see it as much. I call Spencer to see if he has any other great ideas of what could be leaking and he had just fixed one of our sprinklers out front. I go and check it and it is fine, I go to check the sprinkler box and the lid is floating on top. That was our problem, there was a river on the side of our house. I reached in and shut off the main line and come to find out our blow out valve had exploded and was spraying everywhere. Still we don't have any window wells so needless to say we have a crack in our foundation. We have been drying out our carpet and riped up the playroom and the lovely previous owners had just painted and carpeted over mold in the closet!?! Gotta love honesty in mold disclosure statements!! So we have a lot of work ahead of us, wish us luck!!
The kids room.
The kids room.
Our lovely fans courtesy of Modern Display(thanks Dal).
The playroom, I think this carpet is toast, I was not too attached to it. It looked like office carpet.
Ahh, the closet with the mold!?! Can't wait to see what is behind these walls!!


4 comments:
Oh Ash!!! I am so sorry. I hate things like that. Those are the times when I think "where's my mom and dad to fix all this". I will think dry thoughts for you.
I am soooo sorry! I hate it when you find stuff like that. We will come and help. Just give us a call or I can have the kiddos come over. They boys and K would love it
I am so sorry!! This house stuff...it is NEVER over is it!! ahhh!
Oh no!!! We had something similar happen with a broken sprinkler main and our basement back in May. It is such a pain!!! Do you need any help?
Post a Comment