Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Oh that's better!"

George did great in surgery, they suctioned all the stuff out of his lungs. They said there were some pretty big plugs in there. They did a thoracotomy and cleaned out the lining of his lungs which is very painful, they go in through his side and have to spread his ribs. They did a surgery like this one when he was about 6 months old and it is painful. Because of the pain they have him in the ICU intubated and on lots of drugs to keep him comfortable. They are planning on putting a line in on Sunday that will be a more long term line that he will be able to come home on to keep up with his antibiotics. No real word on when we will be home, I don't even ask because I know it will be a while and I don't want to get my hopes up.

The title of my post is a funny story. They were taking him into surgery and they gave him some good drugs and they took out his nasal cannula to intubate him and he said "Oh that's better!" He does not like tubes and stickers!! George is doing great he looks so good and he can communicate a little here and there with head nods and pointing. We hope he is on the mend now and we can get home to normal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ash---I haven't checked your blog in a while, so I decided to this morning and I had no idea George was in the hospital again! I am glad his surgery went well...George is definately in our prayers! He is one amazing little guy! Please keep us posted....Love ya!

madminivanmom said...

Ash- hope things are going better today. Missed my Sunday School friend and entertainment.
Heidi Aycock

Niki said...

Ash-We love George and you better believe Tater has been praying for him every night, he loves his bud! Take care & let us know if we can be of help in any way at all!

Jami said...

Thinking of you guys...glad to know that surgery went well! Love ya!