Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Georgie Bean

Yesterday was my baby's 4th birthday. I can not believe that this much time has gone by. It feels like just yesterday we were in the hospital constantly. He got his transplant just under 3 years ago. Scarlet is now old enough to have gone through all George has, that kills me even more. But we had a great day yesterday. He woke up and we sang to him and opened presents while he ate Coco Puffs, his favorite cereal. How can you not like it though, at the end you end up with Chocolate Milk, nothing better. Then we played with toys and watched Kung Fu Panda, one of his gifts. We went to Randi's and had Cupcakes and played with the fam. Thanks everyone for coming. Tonight we are going to Spencer's parents for FHE and having cupcakes for Georgies birthday too. Gotta love multiple days of birthday. I know everyone makes lists of what they love about the birthday boy but there is too much. I just hope he knows it!! Happy Birthday Georgie we love you!!








So a few side notes, Georges Pneumonia is going well. Today was the last day of his antibiotic so we are keeping our fingers crossed that it will not come back. He has his annual Heart Cath(and heart biopsy) on March 2nd if his cough will go away otherwise we are going to re-schedule. Which I hate doing because I hate the Heart Cath, kinda scary procedure and I like to get it over with. Another exciting thing that happened yesterday with Randi. Henry cracked his head open and had to get 6 staples in the back of his head. To top it off he did not get numbed, way to be brave Hank, I would not have been able to not be numbed. I am a wimp!! Here is a picture of it, you can not see all of them but they look like a regular staple!?! Weird.



5 comments:

Kaidence's Mommy said...

Happy Birtday George! I hope your day was GREAT!

Your Heart Buddy,
Kaidence

Jami said...

Happy birthday, Georgie! Was it really 4 years ago??? Holy cow... Glad he had a fantastic day! Miss you!

Molly said...

Happy Birthday George! You are one special kid! We love your darling mug at our house! Hope you are feeling better.

I am so glad that you blog for Randi! Why wasn't he numbed...that is horrible.

Jessica Reeves said...

Happy Birthday George! I can't believe he is 4! He is so cute! I can't believe that happened to Hank - that looks so painful!

Hilary said...

Happy Birthday George!! What a great day! And I am also glad that you are blogging for Randi! We did staples about 2 months ago, good times! Charlie was numb though, poor Hank!